For group work to be successful, it’s best to have a well structured task with associated outcomes. We recommend that you answer the following questions before you design group work activities:
- What is your motivation for assigning group work? What is the purpose?
- Who should be involved in designing and delivering the group work? What resources do you need?
- How will you assess the group work and what do you want to evaluate?
- How will groups be formed?
- How much time is needed to complete the activity?
- Which technology will best support the group(s)?